Everyone deserves safety. Everyone has the right to live a life free of violence.
Some of the root causes of violence that directly impact our communities is that of poverty, and discrimination and criminalization based on their age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, etc.
We believe every person has the right to live a life that is violence-free, so one of the ways we work towards this is by promoting the social, economic, and political self-determination of everyone.
YOU HAVE RIGHTS.
NO MATTER YOUR IMMIGRATION OR WORK STATUS.
Assistance is available, at no cost to you.
- Is your job different than what you were promised?
- Are you not allowed to take breaks during work?
- Are you being paid less than what you were promised?
- Are you working to pay off a debt to your employer?
- Do you feel like you have no choice but continue working at your job?
- Have you been threatened by your employer in relation to your immigration status or criminal background?
- Do you feel unsafe to leave your job to work at other places?